Souvenir of Strasbourg Antique Market

A couple of weeks ago when I went to Strasbourg, France, there happened to be an antique market. The market included old books, jewelry, toys, chandeliers, decorations, vintage clothing and crafts, and more.  This market is not as large as the antique market in Nice, but nevertheless I found something original. It's an old wagon full of old jugs that were most likely used to store wine and other essentials.

I've started a painting of the wagon and its content and will be working on it in the coming week(s). So far. I've blocked in some of the colours to help me visualize some of the key aspects of this painting.
The summer has been busy with trips to Germany and France and Aurora for work. Coming up next, there's the Chihuly exhibit in the New York Botanical Garden and then a camping trip in the Adirondacks. 

The garden has also been keeping me busy.  You can see more of the garden on my Facebook page.


I also have a few exhibit coming up. On August 19th, I'll be at the Art on the Farm for the third year and on August 20th I'll be exhibiting at the wine tasting of the Amici del Enotria. These are both exciting events. Then there will be the opening of the new art gallery in Cumberland.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments