Who knew?

This past week, I was in Baden Baden, Germany for a conference related to spectrum management.  A couple of days ago, after the last workshop and I headed to see the local rose garden with my painting supplies.  The rose garden is a 3km walk uphill and it was about 37C. Luckily I was carried drinking water in addition to water for my painting.

After looking and taking a number of photos of roses, I settled on a bench in the shade to paint. The first strange thing was trying to open my watercolour palette. When I finally got it open, I saw that my watercolour paints were melting due to the heat and the paints were spreading all over my tablet.  Who knew that watercolour paint would soften so much with heat.

Since the rose garden was on the side of a mountain, I had a beautiful view of the valley and the fields and mountains in the distance.  I decided to paint a simplified view.

To accompany my recent painting of a loon, here is a small 9" X 12" watercolour of another loon I painted about a week ago. This one is also part of the Big Picture Project, I mentioned in my last blog.

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of loon
This week, I'm in Alsace region of France on holiday.  I'll be taking lots of photos which may be used as reference photos for future watercolours.

Have a great week
Danielle

Comments