Let the sun shine

Who doesn’t love a landscape painting that invites you to walk through a scene? In today’s painting, there is a small path along the old fence tempting you to take a walk near the far trees.
 
 Tree leaves were painting using different techniques:
  1. Stippling: I used the tip of the brush to dab in dots of colors.
  2. Sponging: I used a sea sponge to dap in colors
  3. Splattering: I used a brush loaded with paint and by tapping the brush on my finger, splatters of paints land wherever they want on the painting
  4. Using spray bottle: In addition, to applying either of the above three techniques, I spray the leaves with a spray bottle to soften the edges and help the colors mix naturally on the paper.
 Although it is officially Spring, we’re having another snow storm in Ottawa. This painting is to remind me that Spring is around the corner.

Danielle Watercolour of spring ray of sunshine
 
 
Danielle


Comments