Never ending winter

Ottawa is experiencing the coldest weather in the past 20 years and we have had plenty of snow.  Although I find winter pretty with the snow on the evergreens, I've had enough of the cold.

To escape winter today, I decided to paint a scene from a Sicilian town that I had the pleasure of visiting a couple of years ago on my honeymoon. This town is called Ragusa. I remember Ragusa for its beautiful baroque architecture and for the never ending steps. The town is built on a limestone hill between two deep valleys, thereby requiring steps to access the different levels. Steps are often in sets of 200. This situation provided us with magnificent views of the town.

While in Sicily, the sun shined like we had never seen it. I tried to capture that light on the buildings.
Danielle Beaulieu painting of Ragusa Sicily



 
Have a good week,
Danielle

 

Comments