The competition of my two passions begins

 

This is always a very difficult time of the year for me. For the past few years, when spring arrives I feel torn. I must share the little free time that I have between painting and gardening.

This year is particularly difficult, especially today, since I’ve embarked on two large projects. First, I am redoing a large portion (10 feet X 40 feet) of one of my many flower beds.  For this portion I’ll be removing the perennials, 100 or so daffodils, removing some of the poor soil, replacing it is good garden soil, and then replanting everything with a landscape fabric to reduce the amount of weeding I need to do. Secondly, I started a large triptych (a painting that is divided into three sections) with each panel measuring 12 inches X 24 inches. This will be based on a small card I painting last weekend. Here is a draft drawing and the card I painted last weekend.
Danielle Beaulieu yellow daisies watercolour


I’m looking forward to retirement when I’ll have more time for both of my passions. But who am I kidding? I already know there will never be enough hours in the day for me to do all I want to do.

Danielle

p.s. here is the link to my garden website  http://www.daniellesgarden.ca/

Comments