Art retreat fantasies


There are famous and not so famous artists giving art workshops/retreats in some beautiful areas of the world – Cinque Terre, Tuscany, south of France, etc… If ever I win a sizeable lottery, I will certainly treat myself to a few of the numerous workshops that exist. Attending such a workshop would be the ultimate indulgence into my passion as a hobby.

If ever I was to attend, I’m not sure how one is supposed to focus on painting when surrounded by dream like scenery. I imagine that once you can focus on the reason why you’re at the workshop you can develop a new perspective on one’s painting style.

In any event, it would be such a fun experience. If only I could win the lottery. In the meantime, I can continue to fantasize about the workshops.

This week I started some paintings to insert into the refurbished window I wrote about two weeks ago. Here is what the background of the paintings look like. The flowers have been masked to allow me to paint the background using fluid paint strokes.
Danielle WAtercolours of wildflowers

I'll be painting four woodland wildflowers that I have photographed in my forest.

During the coming summer, there will be a couple of opportunities to see more of my paintings. From June 27 to August 3, 2014, I will have two paintings exposed at Orleans Gallery of the Ottawa School of Art.   On August 23 , my paintings and I will be at the “Art in the Park” show at the Cumberland Community Centre.

Have  a great week,

Danielle

Comments