Upcycling: New use for old wooden windows

I don’t know why old wooden windows attract me; probably because they have so much character. and different from today's plain windows.
 
Last spring I started creating series of paintings for old cabinet doors that had each had five window frames. These were really fun to paint. I sold the series on umbrellas in the rain at an art show. However, I still have three left: cats, shoes and children playing in the snow. They are amusing to look at.

Last fall I bought a few old windows that I’ll be using as frames for some of my watercolours. Here’s the first one I want to use in the coming weeks. It still needs to be cleaned up, but the hardware is so attractive and the frame is 2 inches thick.
Danielle's watercolour old window frame

So far I’m considering using this one for native wildflowers. On my property, I’m fortunate to have a few of them to paint. Some of my favorites are trilliums, trout lily and aquilegia canadensis.
Trout lily

Last weekend I was giving a demo of watercolours at the Shenkman Art Centre as part of the centre’s five year anniversary. This is what I created.
Danielle's watercolour of yellow daisies


Would you have any ideas of what I could paint for my old windows?

Danielle

Comments