Thank you and hope to see you at the "Rendez-vous des couleurs" in Gatineau

Last Saturday was Cumberland’s 4th annual Art in the Park event. What a gorgeous day we had and what a turn out.

Because the Art if the Park event is held at the same time and location as the weekly Cumberland market, there is always a good turnout of people. Although most people walked through the art component because they were curious, many came to visit the various booths and their wonderful art. Thank you to all who came.

Now it’s time to get ready for the next show in 2 weeks. At that time, I’ll be in Gatineau at the Rendez-Vous desCouleurs. This promises to be an exciting 2-day show with over 40 artists from Québec and Ontario. I’ve never been to this show and not sure what to expect. Hope to see you there.

This summer has been interesting. Due to a concussion, I’ve had plenty of time to paint and improve my skills. Although having a concussion is not something I would wish on anyone, this time has allowed me to do much exploration with watercolours, whether it was creating a large chart of colour mixes, to experimenting with different ways to paint pine trees or landscapes.

This creative period is coming to an end as I return to work on Tuesday. Therefore, I won’t be able to be so prolific with my paintings. This period of intense painting has confirmed what I’ll be doing in retirement in a few years. Let the countdown begin!

Here is a painting completed this past week.

Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of swallows on fence
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of swallows on fence


Have a great week!
Danielle

Comments