Growing appreciation of nature

Ever since I started painting, many things in my life revolve around my watercolours.  Lately, I've been noticing that when I’m driving around or walking in my garden or nature, I keep asking myself how I could paint the leaves, branches, trees, fence, barn, etc. I’m looking at. It never stops. I can attest to how the aesthetic appreciation of nature has a profound role in art.

My desire to understand and appreciate the details of nature grows every day. At this time of the year, I am focused on the amazing changing colours of the leaves on the trees. Getting lost in those images of nature for a moment is enough to transport me out of whatever’s ailing me long enough to connect with the world outside.

My thoughts wander from various aspects of watercolours -- which colours would I use, where would the lighting come from, how would I compose the scene, would I use mostly warm or cool colours, what would be the prime interest, etc.  It’s so fascinating. I just can’t get enough.

Here is a painting of the top of the fields as they turn golden.

Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour wheat field and fence

Here are some of my paintings in the Saw gallery last weekend.  I also have paintings in the Walter Baker Centre Gallery and the St Laurent Complex for the next few months.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolours in Saw Gallery
 
Danielle

Comments