Mail order supplies- Yahoo!

A while ago I tried Maimeri Blu watercolours and loved them.  They were recommended by a friend who lives in New Orleans. The paints remain moist in the palette for a much longer period than Winsor and Newton and they are easily refreshed with a spray of water. The colours are vibrant and some of them mixed together create awesome greens. Lastly their transparency is superior to many other watercolours. 

Unfortunately they are not available in Canada. I first bought them in a store next to New York City about a year and a half ago. Since shipping from US suppliers is expensive, every time I go to the states I order some.

This trip to NYC is no different. On my arrival at the hotel, I had a box of paints waiting for me that I had ordered from Jerrys' Artarama.  Yahoo!  I'm so grateful I ordered these because the art supply store I visited yesterday had a really poor selection of watercolour paints and didn't have any Maimeri Blue

Yesterday I visited the MOMA and saw the two most beautiful paintings from Claude Monet.  Anybody who knows me knows how I try to hit every museum, big of small, that carry his works of art. Here are the two paintings that I admired.

 This one covers a full wall.

Last weekend, I painted a couple of other apple blossoms. These two paintings are small - 9" X 12".  So I've now got a total of 7 apple blossom paintings that will be on display at the upcoming Nepean Fine Arts Show in April.
Danielle Beaulieu's apple blossoms

I think this one is one of my favorites.

Danielle Beaulieu's apple blossoms
 
Have a great week
Danielle

Comments