Ottawa Orchid Society show

Next weekend, the Ottawa Orchid Society is holding their annual show of orchids and an accompanying art show which includes artwork in the form of painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, ceramics, pottery, needlepoint, stained glass, quilting, or other media.

I had hoped to enter the show with my recent blue orchid and this one that I completed last weekend:
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of blue orchid

Unfortunately, I completely lost track of time this week and forgot to enter my paintings. I guess it was not meant to be ;-)

Nevertheless, I hear it's a wonderful show and I will likely attend.  Maybe I'll see some of you there.

My paintings of orchids were a lot of fun to create. In the one above, I used approximately 7 different blues and experimented with the use of neutral greys in the background.  Any painting is a learning experience and these recent paintings of orchids were no different. At the end of the day, it's only paint and paper and a whole lot of fun.

Now what shall I paint today? Decisions... decisions...

Have a great week
Danielle


Update: the organizers of the orchid show have accepted my late application for my orchids in their art show

Comments