Sometimes the colours don't come together

I had a great time at last weekend's Nepean Fine Arts League Spring Show. More then 550 people dropped by to check out the art works. In addition to meeting new artists and art admirers, I was lucky to be amongst the 55% that sold paintings.  It's a good boost to the ego when you sell paintings each of the three days of the show.  Who doesn't like a good morale boost?  Thank you to all of those who took the time to visit.

Recent paintings
I didn't have much paint time last weekend because of the art show. Here is one watercolour that I painted quickly. I like the idea, however the choice of greens and blues aren't ideal together. Hopefully this weekend there will be enough free time to allow me to try another version of this idea.  But before, I'll have to play with colours to see which ones work better together.

I normally try to complete two paintings a week. If one turns out to my liking I'm very satisfied with that.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour "breaking away"

I also started this small painting.  There is still much work remaining.  A creek will go through the middle with a few waterfalls.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour landscape - work in progress

Gardening starts today and my son is moving out so I have lots to do.

Have a great week
Danielle

Comments