Upcoming interesting learnings

I'm looking forward to next weekend since I'll be participating in a 2-day watercolour workshop with Doug Mays.  This session is organized by the Ottawa Watercolour Society.

Doug's painting approach is uniquely loose and impressionistic and he was been influenced early on by the colour and compositions of John Singer Sargent and the design philosophy of Edgar Whitney.  I have read about both of these watercolorists and have written about them in my other blog.

Doug has a few videos on
Youtube. He gives workshops in Canada, Europe and Mexico. Here is one of his paintings:
Doug Mays watercolour

 
A couple of days after that, I'm taking another workshop with Shernya Vininsky, She has   paintings in private collections across Canada, in the U.S.A. and Europe. Here is one of her paintings:
Shernya Vininsky watercolour

Both of these watercolorist paint very loosely.  It will be quite an experience for me. I love loosely painted watercolours, so this will be a challenge for me since I do not paint very loosely, especially florals.  Nevertheless, all learnings are good.

Here is my latest painting.  It took many hours to complete due to the size and approach I used. I'll probably be mounting it on a wall board since I do not have a frame for this size. What do you think?
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour
In the past weeks, I took a number of photos of blossoms in my crabapple tree. I might try painting those in the next few months.

Now off to the garden I go ;-)

Have a great week,
Danielle



Comments

  1. Both classes look very interesting and like you I also would like to learn to paint more lose and relaxed. Your flower painting though is stunning, you're really good at painting apple blossoms. Can't wait to see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on the post and painting of the week.