Rodin Exhibit in Montreal

The Montreal Museum of Fine Art, in collaboration with the Musée Rodin, Paris organized an exhibit entitled Metamorphosis: Rodin's Studio. Yesterday, I visited this exhibit in Montreal with some friends and what a treat it was.

The exhibit displays numerous fragile plasters as well as bronzes, marble figures, drawings and photographs and each one attest to Rodin’s creative intensity.  His sculptures are about the emotion, the symbol and expression.

The exhibition features 170 works including the Walking Man, The Thinker and Balzac.
Rodin Exhibit in Montreal

Many of the pieces have not been "on loan" before which made it even more interesting. The history and techniques of Rodin's works are well explained and easy to read. The museum is beautiful and a perfect venue; it is centrally located in Montreal's downtown.

I’ve been lucky to have visited the Rodin Museum in Paris a couple of times and since I haven’t been in a few years, this was a real delight.
 
Now about my own painting; I've been working on a scene from a photo I took on my recent trip to the Adirondacks.  This is a creek flowing from the High Peaks areas. The painting is not completed yet, but I hope it's enough to give you an idea of that special moment when I stood and watched the water flow around the rocks.
Danielle Beulieu's watercolour "Creek from High Peaks"
I hope to finish this painting either today or tomorrow.  It will then be hung in my office at home
 
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments