Thank you to my family

Having the opportunity to paint is wonderful. It is not only fun, it is also rewarding.
 
Like many hobbies, as we get more involved in art, the activity often requires more of our time and often times some contributions of our family members.
 
Today I am grateful for my family who support my hobby. Without them I would not be able to participate in all of the activities that I do.
 
In the past couple of years, my husband and son have been extremely supportive. I don’t mean only the encouragement. They take some of their valuable time to help me out. They:
  • Help me set up and take down grids and other things at art shows
  • Visit me at art shows
  • Patiently visit more art galleries then they would on their own
  • Drop off and pick up paintings for exhibits
  • Keep themselves busy as I paint while on vacation
  • Build shelves for frames and paper
  • Make detours to visit art supply stores
  • and much more...
To my husband and son, I say THANK YOU! Without you, there are many opportunities I would not be able to enjoy.
  
This past week, I repainting a scene I recently did. I changed a few things that were annoying me. What do thing? Here is the original:
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour - mer bleue
Now here is the new one. I like the softer reflections in the water, the differences in values, increased variation of colour in the sky and water.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour - mer bleue
This painting will be on exhibit in the Trinity Gallery of the Shenkman Centre  from July 23 to September 22, 2015

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments