Is summer over?

Typically we consider the Labor Day long weekend, the official end to summer! 
During the drive back from New York City last week, I couldn't help but notice that some leaves were getting a head start on the change of colours.  Back at home, my burning bushes have at least a quarter of their leaves red.

It's sad to see summer go...

Although I love the fiery colors of fall, its arrival means an end to the gardening season.  This also means that I won't be torn between gardening and watercolours as I am throughout the summer.  I could never pick one hobby over the other.  Mother nature is helping me out when we get to fall.


Luckily, I can keep summer "alive" by using some of the many photos I've taken of my garden or camping trip for painting subjects.  Since it's raining this weekend, I started three paintings. It's been months since I've been able to paint so much.  Two small ones of mushrooms from photos I've taken on camping trips. The third one is a mid-size painting of white daisies.  Stay tuned...

Here is a scene that I painted to fit in a old wooden window.  This landscape uses various shades of brown.
Danielle Beaulieu: Longing the Muskoka area
BTW, I'm told this the last old window that I will get refurbished until next Spring ;-)

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments