Love of art is alive and well

Before I started painting, I used to go to commercial galleries and museums to see and buy art. Little did I know that there were many more types of visual art related events.

When trying to educate yourself on the Ottawa arts scene, the initial research can be a bit daunting.

The Ottawa area has numerous art fairs, shows (e.g. Nepean Fine Arts League Fall Show next weekend ), festival (e.g. Nuit Blanche, Baz'Art - this weekend), numerous smaller galleries (e.g. Saw Gallery, Shenkman), open houses, and art tours. There are also murals and street art and art in many government (e.g. community centers including libraries) and commercial areas such as restaurants, coffee houses, law firms, etc. Then there are vernissages / openings every weekend.

Since I've become more involved in art associations, I've become friends with some wonderful local artists. I'm so fortunate that they have introduced me to new venues where art is showcased and to so many talented artists.

In general, these art events are well attended. However, most people still adorn the wall of their homes with prints, but there are a good number that buy original art.

It is clear that there is absolutely no shortage of creativity is this city. The love of art is alive and well in Ottawa.

Here is a small painting that I completed last weekend. I will have it with me at next weekend's Nepean Fine Arts League Fall show at the Ukrainian Banquet Hall, 1000 Byron Ave., Ottawa on December 4, 5 and 6. The vernissage will be on Friday, December 4th between 6 and 9pm.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of early snow fall
Title: Early snow fall

Have a great week
Danielle

Comments