Christmas Holiday at Home

Like many people, I'm off from work until January 4th.  So guess what I'll be doing?

Of course I'll be painting lots;-) Yesterday I finished a painting that I began when I was at my last art show in early December. Tomorrow I'll finish another painting of a river in a forest that I started a few weeks ago. Then I need to paint a commission, and only after that will I paint some new topics. There are a few photos of small waterfalls and others of blue jars that I'm looking forward to painting. Who knows which one('s) I'll end up doing.

In addition to painting, I'll be writing a grant to obtain funds for the Arteast Association. Last year when I wrote the grant for the first time, I learned so much about the impact of art on communities and about the association and all of it does for its members. Because I work full time, this is one of the ways I volunteer.

So if that's not enough about art related activities, I also have to renew a couple of memberships and apply to get into one art show for next fall.

Lastly, I'm going to start planning a Spring trip to New York City with a few artist friends. In addition to visiting a few sights, we'll be enjoying some of the many art museums and galleries.

All of this makes me wonder, what I did with my free time before I started to paint.

Here is the painting I finished yesterday:
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of Algonquin Park
Have a great holiday week,
Danielle

Comments