On my mind

Watercolor painting is always on my mind. Everywhere I am I get an overload of ideas, subjects, compositions, colors, …. the easiest way to capture all this is taking a photo.

What this leads to is a lot of photos, too many to consider on most days. On any given day, there might be a dozen photos I would like to paint. If I don't get a painting started on that day, there is a very good chance that I'll feel like painting something different on the following day.  Luckily this internal drive to create more and more paintings has diminished and consequently, I'm spending more time on each painting

Lately, I've been trying to find an idea for a very original old window that I bought.  As I wait to find the right landscape idea for that frame,  I've started plaiting some peonies from a photo that I took in my garden last summer.  Here is a couple of photos of the painting that I've working on.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolours of peonies work in progress
I worked on this painting for three consecutive weekends - almost full time last weekend. Here is the near final painting.  I need to look at it for a few days to see where to make adjustments.  When it's considered done I will sign it.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolours of peonies
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments