What does colour mean to you?

What does colour mean to you? Which combination do you like to use?  Colours are all around us and you might think they are quite ordinary. Colour is personal, your blue can be bluer or grayer than the blue of another person when you each look at the sky.

How you experience colour has everything to do with your taste in colours since we all have colour preferences.  The preferences are evidenced in the wardrobe in our closets, which colours we decorate our homes.  Also, colours reflect our mood. I often choose what I'll wear for the day based on my mood.  However, there are colours I will not wear, one of which is orange.

My favourite colours are certainly blues, reds and green.  My wardrobe is mostly these colours and so is my garden.  In addition, I have numerous tubes of paint in those colours and to make those colours.

With watercolours, I get to play with colours.  Colours are also good to create atmosphere and I enjoy paintings that convey a calm atmosphere and mood.  The world around us is in colour and with paint I get to convey my impressions of numerous scenes, landscapes or florals, on paper.

What colours mean something to you? and which combination do you like to use in your home?

Here is a painting that I did last year. I enjoy the colours in the reflections in the snow.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour forest

Here is a sketch that I painted this week:
Danielle Beaulieu Watercolour sketch
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments