Meeting new friends at art shows

One of the best benefits of art shows is making new friends and getting reacquainted with old friends. This has happened at most shows I've participated in, including the one this weekend.  Although visual artists work mostly independently, there is a bond between artists who all share the same experience.

While in NYC a few weeks ago, we visited Bethesda Fountain which is one of the central features constructed in 1859-64 in Central Park. Although the fountain is beautiful, every time I've visited this area, I've always been more impressed with the elliptical balustrades, the terrace and the mustard-olive colored carved stone is New Brunswick sandstone.

Here is a painting I'm working on of the carved stoned in the terrace area near Bethesda fountain.  I've taken numerous photos of this scene in the past and have always wanted to paint this.  This time, I finally got around to painting it.  I'm experimenting with creating luminous shadows by using unusual colours, such as orange, in this area.
Have a great week
Danielle

Comments