Collecting Vintage Windows

A few weeks ago while on holidays, my husband and I went to Prince Edward County.  It was a great trip as we stopped at a number of antique shops on the way there and once in the area.  We were lucky and found some wonderful vintage windows.  I ended up buying eight of them.  Some of them have very interesting shapes,  Here is a photo of the windows along with others purchased recently.

Each window requires many hours of work to remove the many layers of white paint and return them to a beautiful wood. However, I've been encouraged not to purchase any more for a while;-)
Danielle Beaulieu old windows


During that trip, I also got lucky and found an old push lawn mower and some beautiful blue Ball canning jars. Some have glass lids while others have tin lids. They now sit on the window sill in my studio and I love seeing the light come through them.  I will certainly be painting these jars.

In the past week, I painted a scene that is typical of Killarney Provincial Park and the wind blown trees that are symbolic of that area. Killarney is one of the more beautiful parks in Canada and offers plenty of canoeing, hiking and camping opportunities.  From the diversity of the La Cloche mountain range to the Georgian bay shoreline, the scenery is stunning.  Every time you turn your head there is something beautiful to look at.

I painted this watercolour and framed it in one very original vintage window.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments