Increased chipmunk population

Whenever I take a break from gardening, I normally have a drink on the porch and contemplate what needs to be done next.  Early spring, I noticed that there was an abundance of chipmunks in the yard this year.  It's amazing how many chipmunks I see running across the flower beds, forest or trying to bury acorns.  There are so many more than in past years.  Apparently, mild winters and an abundance of acorns enables the population of chipmunks to increase.

It's always surprising how loud chipmunks are when they run through the forest. A small chipmunk sounds like a bear running through the leaves. I have always found them adorable.

I hadn't painted an animal in a while, so I decided to try my hand at a chipmunk. Painting the illusion of fur was something that I had fun doing.  Here is what it looks like:
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour of chipmunk
I might try to paint another as this was different and enjoyable. Now off I go looking through my photos of what I can find.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments