Getting Ready for Art in Park

Next Saturday August 13th, I'll be at Art in the Park at the Ottawa Central Experimental Farm.  This will be my second year at this art show.  Last year, it was a gorgeous day and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this year we'll have an equally nice day.  However at this time, the forecast is rain for next Saturday and the rain date - Sunday.

It's an interesting show with the various tents and different types art in a key area of the arboretum.   This year, I will try setting up under a tree as it gets very hot without much shade.

There's always lots to do before a show. First I have to select which paintings to bring - a variety of landscapes and florals.  Every painting must have the appropriate hardware and ready for hanging.   Labels must be prepared for each painting. Then the paintings are boxed up for the transportation. 

The evening before the show, it's time to pack the truck with grids, curtains, hooks, tent, table, chair, paintings and snacks.

After setting up on the day of the show, the visitors start arriving. It's always a pleasure to meet a number of art admirers on the day of the show.

Last weekend, I painted another chipmunk for this show. These animals are so cute.

Danielle Beaulieu Watercolour of chipmunk
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments