Looking forward to retirement

I've noticed that many people take up a hobby later in life. Painting is a popular hobby.  Did you know that Winston Churchill was over 40 when he started painting? . You are never too old to start painting.  If Churchill could do it, so could you and me.

It's no secret that I think that watercolour is a wonderful medium. As a starting point, watercolour material is relatively inexpensive, easy to carry around and it is totally involving once you get hooked. Unfortunately, it isn't easy at first. Unlike oils or acrylics you can't make some corrections or change your mind much as the painting progresses. Especially not when you are starting out. However, through practice and perseverance you learn more and more. I have never been bored and I'm actually quite proud of some of the paintings I've been producing in the past year.

I still have a few years till retirement and everyday I'm grateful that I have discovered watercolours. In a few years, I'll be painting as much as I want.

Here are a few very small (5" X 7") watercolours I painted recently.
Daniele Beaulieu small watercolours
Today's "Art in the Park" event has been postponed to tomorrow due to heavy rain. Let's hope tomorrow's forecast is better.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments