New paint brush

A few weeks ago, one of my favorite brush fell apart. Even stranger, I never found the brush hairs all I have left is a useless handle. Yesterday I bought myself a replacement brush.

Watercolour brushes are either made of synthetic or natural fibers. Sable brushes are considered the ultimate because of the fine point the hairs reach, their ability to spring back into shape, and the amount of paint they hold. Less expensive options are brushes with a mixture of sable and synthetic hairs or 100% synthetic brushes.

So what did I treat myself to???  A sable brush ;-)  I have so much art supplies that I don't get to buy much lately.

Yesterday, I made some changes to this painting.  More texture and contrast was added to the foliage in the background and foreground.
I have noticed that some trees have slowly started to change colours. In a few weeks we'll have bright coloured trees.  Since we missed the colours last year because we were on vacation, I'm looking forward to it this year.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments