Mother nature and fall colours

Artists have many reasons for making art and find satisfaction from various aspects of it (not to mention frustration, but that’s another topic).  Utilizing color is often what brings joy to painting.

Fall colours offer opportunities to play with bright warm colours. In this area, the colours are a couple of weeks late this year. The changing season has got me thinking about fall paintings. I looked through my photos and voilĂ  found some birch trees.  These trees don't offer the brightest of  colours in the fall, but nevertheless their yellow foliage appears golden in the sun.

I was most interested in painting something for a new old window frame that I got during my recent trip to the Charlevoix.
Danielle Beaulieu - fall birches
This window is one of the most interesting that I have because it has very cool hardware - see below.


Next weekend, I'll be at the Nepean Fine Arts Fall show. It is held at the Ukrainian Banquet Hall, 1000 Byron Ave, Ottawa.

Have a great week
Danielle

Comments