Admiring old barns

When driving somewhere, one of my pleasures is looking a old barns. They come is so many different shapes.  On recent trips, I have photographed so many.

Some barns are not easily photographed. They sit awkwardly, too far away, or have multiple power lines obstructing the “perfect” shot.  Sometimes we can persist and find alternatives, other times, I just have to accept that I won't be able to take a photo and I simply enjoy the view.

Looking at things from different view points can be interesting and sometimes revealing. Sometimes its a matter of cropping to see something interesting.

Here is a painting of a portion of a barn that I recently saw in the Charlevoix area.  Clearly, this barn had seen better days.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour old barn better days
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments