Christmas card and rusty old nail

Now that Halloween is over, some of our thoughts turn to Christmas.  For me, it means that in the next few weeks, I need to find an idea to paint for this year's Christmas card. It always takes me a few weeks to come up with ideas.  Normally it's not difficult to come up with ideas to paint but the Christmas card is always a challenge.  Maybe it's because it's too early to think of this.

Last weekend, I finished this painting of a rusty railway nail.   I started this painting during a show a couple of weeks ago. Normally when I paint at shows, it's only to pass the time and nothing serious comes out of it. I'm satisfied with how this one turned out.
Danielle Beaulieu rusty old nail
In the past years' I've been taking lots of photos of stuff in antique shops.  They are full of treasures like this chain and nail.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments