Working on a waterfall

Sometimes some paintings just seem to come together easily. In other cases, one struggles in trying to pull it all together. Then there are those paintings that are just practice and never make it anywhere. This past week, I tried to finish a waterfall I started a couple of weeks ago. I'm struggling with the depth, colour and composition.

Although, I've painted a few waterfalls before and have sold them, each seem to be a challenge and take me a long time to complete.  I love paintings of waterfalls and hope that some day they will get easier for me to paint.

I haven't given up on this painting yet. Tomorrow is a new day and maybe I'll be able to complete it to my satisfaction. Here is the work in progress.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of waterfall in progress

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments