Quiet Creek

I enjoy experimenting with colour and texture. This past week, I got away from rust and wood colours. Painting a quiet landscape meant not only trying to simplify what I saw in a photo, in meant choosing colours that would be harmonious fit together. Experimenting with different colours is very rewarding.  Trying to choose colours that are near in intensity so that when combined in the same stroke produce a different intriguing colour is exciting.

This little scene is from a creek in the Adirondacks. It's meant as a small study since I haven't painted landscapes in while and I need to get back into the swing of them. 

Here is a small (10" X 8") landscape of a quiet creek.
Danielle Beaulieu small creek

Have a great week,
Danielle

p.s. I found some old rusted pulleys yesterday and you might see them in a painting in the coming months

Comments