Time to clean the studio

When I'm working on a variety of ideas, my studio tends to get messy. I've got different ideas printed on sheets of paper here and there, left over pieces of watercolour paper with mixes of paint I've tried for those ideas. Then there are the tubes of paint lying around to create those watercolour mixes.  Lastly, I've probably got a few dirty palettes with small puddles of different mixes and not much surface left to paint.

Before I start painting, I feel the need to clean everything in the studio to give me more space to work and also allow me to focus on one thing at a time.

This cycle is repeated often, unless I'm painting in a series, because I have too many ideas I want to paint. Each day or part of day, I can change my mind on what I feel like painting.

Here is a small practice painting I tried a couple of weeks ago.
 Then I painted a larger one for this old window frame:

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments