Collegiality between artists

This weekend I'm participating in the Navan Fine Arts show. In addition to being a group of talented fine artists, they are very friendly.

Competition is normally strong in certain areas such as music and dance.  It possibly even exists amongst certain visual artists.   I'm fortunate that my experience with fellow artists has been very collegial.  This current experience is similar to other art shows I've participated in. Collegiality breeds conversation, sharing and growth.  These relationships assists in dealing with issues, challenges and in promoting art.

Artists often visit art shows because they appreciate various forms of art. It's not only about looking at paintings that's important to them, it's about the exchanges and dialogues that are possible.  Mostly it's about supporting the arts which is always a good thing.

Because there is often collegiality amongst certain artists, there is much collaboration and collaborative art projects.

Due the collegiality amongst artists, I have made some very good friends since I started painting.

Here is a recent painting of a small Newfoundland inlet.
Danielle Beaulieu's watercolour Newfoundland fishing port

Next weekend, you'll find me at the Nepean Fine Arts League show.
Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments