Official launch of gardening

The long weekend in May is often perceived as the official launch of the gardening season. There is so much to do, including much weeding, that I feel overwhelmed as I do every year at this time.  This feeling lasts a couple of months. As I make changes in the garden, I'm reminded of some of the parallels that I experience between gardening and painting - mostly on the design side.

You'd think that  because I have my hands full with the garden that I'd be painting something simple.  That would make sense.  However, last weekend in looking at some of my photos and cropping them, I came across  something that intrigued me. It is a photo of  horses standing around in a coral.  Having never painted this topic, I saw this as a new exciting challenge.  The painting is still in the early stages and there isn't much to share as I've not had much time to paint this weekend. Therefore, I'm sharing a small watercolour I painted quickly a couple of months ago.  In this small study, I was playing with different colours in the sky.  Some day I will certainly use a similar sky in another landscape.
Do you have multiple passions? if yes, do you apply much discipline to them?  Probably the only discipline I apply to watercolours and gardening is making lists because I always have too many ideas to remember.

For the garden, I'm designing a large support/fence for grapes I'd like to grow some day.  This will be an exciting project.

Have a great week,
Danielle 

Comments