Antique lamps and patio

"Art is the only serious thing in the world and . And the artist is the only person who is never serious"
                                                                                               -- Oscar Wilde

You may have notice the number of online challenges. One particular challenge a few months ago encouraged artists to paint 30 paintings in 30 days.  Is this just for fun or is there any value to this "game".  There are some benefits. 

Painting becomes easier when it's done more often.  The first days are probably the most difficult as one tries to find topics.  As many things, one idea often generates another.  Learning to paint faster ensures the artist doesn't get caught up with the details.  This doesn't  mean one should paint smaller paintings as medium-sized paintings can take just as much time.

Last weekend, I had to be out of town for some training.  My flight was early which meant I had dead time at the Ivey Business School in London, Ontario.  Luckily the weather was gorgeous and I was able to relax on their patio and start a new painting. 

Here is the photo I started off with.  It was taken at a flea market near Fort Myers Florida.

Here is what my painting of these lanterns looks like.
Danielle Beaulieu three  amigos - lanterns
The painting is not yet signed as I've been gardening since my return from London, Ontario and I may need to touch it up.

Have a great week
Danielle

Comments