I am a watercolour addict

My name is  Danielle Beaulieu and I am a watercolour addict.  In the past year, I've been painting up a storm.  I can't seem to help myself. The ideas just keep popping into my head faster than I can get them on paper.

I consider myself lucky that I have a passion for something.  I know a number of people that don't seem passionate about anything.  I've been painting for a few years and every weekend I leap out of bed to paint.  During the week, I'm going through ideas and visualizing options for different approaches. Occasionally I have a bit of time to paint after work. My watercolour flame is constantly on.  The only thing I wish I could change was having more time to paint.

Here is a painting that I'm working on.  After drawing the dishes, I painted the shadows. Following this I gave the dishes a slight yellow tone to give them an antique look. Once the paint was dry, I painted the detailed motif on the dishes. 
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of dishes
I hope to finish this painting this evening.   After painting the flowers I have to decide how to paint the background.  I'm considering various options such as a dark background or wallpaper while dishes are on a table or addition of a tablecloth.  Then I have to decide what colour I should use. Any suggestions? As I work in the garden today, I'll go through a number of scenarios in my head. You'll see the final product next weekend.

Today, I'm off to visit the local studio tour with a friend. It's always a pleasure to see what others are doing.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments