Soothing effects of nature scenes

There’s so much happening in the world and it is often difficult to know what to do or think. Sometimes we need to do something to think clearly through all of it.

Spending time in the great outdoors has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels, help find clarity, and rejuvenate our mind and body.  In times like this, I enjoy painting nature scenes. It might not have all of the same effects as actually spending time outdoors, but it does have some very soothing effects.

Last weekend, I had an opportunity to paint a soothing landscape with birch trees.  This scene is a combination of photos taken from various canoe camping trips.

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of birch trees by creek

I then cut up the painting to put it in this old window frame.  Here is the final product. I always like having landscapes in old windows. It's like having an extra window on the wall with soothing view.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of birch trees by creek

I was pleased to have an opportunity to show it at this weekend's art show.

I will have a new exhibit this week. A couple of friends and I (aka Artress) will be having an exhibition on the second level of the Byward Market Square. More about this next week.


Have a great weekend,
Danielle

Comments