Calming effect of water

Water makes us feel calmer. But who knows why exactly it makes us feel this way. Some research has found that rivers, lakes and even urban water features can have a positive impact on our wellbeing.

A number of people, seek out the beach in the summer to relax. I love the soothing sense of water since it helps me daydream and lets my mind wander.  I especially enjoy kayaking on a creek or river while looking at water plants.

As we enter the winter season, it will be months until I can enjoy kayaking.   If I can't enjoy water at this time of the year, I can created my own illusion of calm water.  Recently I painted the following landscape with calm water. 

This painting can be see at the Da Artisti Studio & Gallery.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour - soothing fall

Here are the last stages of this painting:

Today you can find me at the local Baz'Art, an artisan market in the Shenkman Centre. Next Saturday, I'll be at the Da Artisti gallery for the Cumberland Christmas Market.  I have a number of smaller paintings available.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments