Reflecting on past year

The end of the year is a good time to reflect and take stock of the past year. What a year it's been! My time of reflection with watercolours led me to search further for ways to depict antiques and flowers, subjects that I enjoy. I even attempted a couple of horses.

During the year, I participated in a number of art shows throughout the city, It was an honour to be invited to participate in the Navan Fine Art show in the Spring. I always enjoy meeting fellow artists and new art admirers


Starting in October, I in addition to a couple of artist colleagues were fortunate to exhibit some of our paintings at the historic Byward Market Square.  When I  arrived in Ottawa many many years ago, there used to be a gallery in that space and I always used to make a detour to see the various exhibits. Our exhibit comes down on Thursday of this week.

In November, I was one of the privileged artists who were chosen to exhibit in the new  Da Artisti Gallery in the village of Cumberland.

Here are a few of my favourite paintings from 2017.

Danielle Beauliey 2017watercolours reflecting on past year
In addition, I travelled a bit for work and pleasure. Some of my favourites were Tuscany (Italy), Alsace (France), New York City, Baden Baden (Germany), Fort Myers (Florida, US), and scenic drives to Aurora (Ontario, Canada). During these travels, I took a number of photos which will inspire some paintings.

I'm grateful to those who follow this blog. 

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas,

Danielle

Comments