Something New in the New Year?

It’s that time of year, isn’t it? When we start thinking about how we’ll do things differently or doing new things you can bet we're entering into a new year. A lot of us will be considering what we can do to make our work, family life and/or art lives easier, improve our skills or simply get inspired to do something new to invigorate ourselves and our art.

This blog post will only address how I plan on focussing on my art since I do not believe in New Year Resolutions.

This year's big objective is to complete a special exhibit with a couple of artist colleagues. Unlike other topics I've painted, this exhibit will be about social activism to raise awareness about a very important topic. You'll have to be patient to find out more about this.

I'm also preparing for another exhibit, this one of antique items. I continue to find inspiration in quiet corners of antique shops or abandoned fields. The common or overlooked items that man has abandoned or set aside continue to become my subject material.  In addition to paintings rusty objects (which I enjoy), I'll also experiment with painting other textures.

I also plan on being at a few art shows and the Da Artisti Gallery in Cumberland. More on this as dates get closer.

Here is a quick painting I completed this past week.
I started publishing this blog in January 2014 and have since published 209 posts. Thanks to all for your continued support

Happy New Year,
Danielle


A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. -G.B. Shaw

Comments