Discovering Sennelier Watercolours

On Saturday, I attended a product demo at a local art supply store (DeSerres) given by a representative from Sennelier.  Sennelier is a line of paint made in France.

As the representative was talking, I glanced through the watercolour paint brochure and was pleased to see that almost half of the paints are single pigment paints.  This means that they are less likely to create colours that come out looking like mud.

Although the demo was not the most informative, I truly enjoyed being able to play with the paint because as soon as I mixed the tube paint with water, it quickly gave me a beautiful creamy consistency. This is most likely because the paints contain honey and gum arabic. The few colours I tried were vibrant and very transparent.  The ultra-marine blue did not appear to granulate as much as other brands.

I'll know more about how the paint really behaves soon after I start playing with the Sennelier test pack that contains 5 tubes of color.
I finished the antique sewing machine that you saw the start of last week. The painting  is now hanging at the Blackburn Library along with some of my other paintings of old objects. I'm exhibiting with my artist friend Maureen Rooney Mitchell- she has some amazing portraits in this exhibit. The exhibit is on for two months.

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour antique sewing machine

During this long weekend of Easter, I've started another painting of antique items. You'll have to wait and see what the topic is.

Then I want to paint something more Spring-like, such as crocuses which are some of the first blooms in my garden.

I'm looking forward to the 2-day Navan Fine Arts Show that is 3 weeks away.

Happy Easter and have a great week,
Danielle

Comments