Almost "tuliped" out

I have almost completed my third watercolour of tulips for the Ottawa Tulip Festival. Paintings that have a tulip theme will be on exhibit at the Lansdowne Park Tulip Gallery at Aberdeen Pavilion between Wednesday, May 10 and Monday, May 21.

It is an honour to participate in the tulip festival that has existed since 1953. The tulip is Ottawa’s official flower and an international symbol friendship and peace.

The theme of the festival this year is “A World of Tulips”. One of the planned activities is a magnificent display of 5 foot tulips called “The United Nations 5ft Tulip Friendship Garden” consisting of 193 uniquely painted 5 foot tall tulips. You may have seen these large tulips in the past. But these will be a whole new set of tulips. I can imagine that there will be many many of these large tulips at different areas in the city.

Not only am I contributing to the Park Tulip Gallery, I am also painting one of the large tulips and contributing to another with the other member of Artress3. However, this means painting with acrylics which I know barely nothing about. This is certainly a learning experience. I will share a picture of two of them next weekend and tell you which countries we are painting. For now, here is my latest watercolour of tulips that is almost completed.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of tulips

Next week, I will go back to painting antiques. I have some new ideas from the recent antique show about a month ago.

On Saturday May 12th, you'll have an opportunity to see me paint at the DeSerres store at St. Laurent Shopping Center. The manager has invited the other member of Artress3 and myself to provide demonstrations. We'll be there between 11:30 and 3:30 pm.

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments