Demonstration of painting

Well that's it for tulips - at least for this year. Artress3 has finished painting its three 5ft tulips that will be on display at Lansdowne Park as part of the “The United Nations 5ft Tulip Friendship Garden” in a few days for the duration of the Canadian Tulip Festival - Festival canadien des tulipes. We were assigned - Kenya, Singapore, Kenya, and Afghanistan. There will be a total of 193 of these tulips on display.

Here are the tulips:
I had a lot of fun painting these with the other member of Artress3. I'm fortunate to have found such a great friend through art and it's wonderful how our interests align.

I had never used acrylics before this experience and I learned enough about that medium to realize how much I love watercolours. Since I now have a few jars of acrylics, I might try to do something with it some day.

This afternoon, I'm off to the vernissage of the Ottawa Watercolour Society at the Old Chelsea Gallery since I have a painting as part of this exhibit.

This weekend, I started a painting of an antique item, can you guess what it is?


At the Ottawa antique show a few weeks ago, I saw a number of old typerwriters.  I decided to painting this one.  They are not easy topics to paint as they are mainly black and require many many layers of paint.  In the above painting, you see that I am using light layers of various grays I have created.

Next Saturday, May 12th, you'll have an opportunity to see me paint at the DeSerres store at St. Laurent Shopping Center. The manager has invited the other member of Artress3 and myself to provide demonstrations. We'll be there between 11:30 and 3:30 pm. I will be working on the painting above and possibly another one.

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments