Where's the Power Button

In the past week, I found time to complete my painting of an old typewriter.

When I see typewriters, they remind me how in high school I did not sign up for typing classes because I did not want to be a secretary.  At that time, I was contemplating being a biologist.  That's how little foresight I had about the value of typing. Then in university I struggled to type my assignments. It would take me hours to type my papers.  At that time I saw that there was minimal value to learning this skill. 

A few years later when I entered government, I was faced with having to pass the dreaded typing test to be accepted as a clerk.  I must have taken that test at least four times before being successful and I was never a fast typist.  Although I was only a clerk for four months, the need to learn to type never disappeared.

Well then the computer appeared and like it or not, typing is a necessary evil. It would have made things so much easier if someone had encouraged me to take typing in high school or if I would have had a crystal ball.  Luckily, modern keyboards have backspaces and delete keys ;-)

Here is the finished painting of this antique typewriter.  I'm considering calling it "Where's the Power Button?".
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour where is the power button
Have a great week

Danielle

Comments