Thirst for Knowledge

We've all heard the cliché that if "you do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life" . Although I'm not a full time artist, I never consider my time with my watercolours as work.

There is never enough time in a day, in a week or in a month to paint. I always wish for more time in a day not only to paint but to satisfy my hunger to learn and grow. Its not possible but wouldn't it be great if we could learn everything about a particular subject.  But then the challenges of learning is part of the attraction and there would be less fun learning.

This past week, I went back to some of my watercolour books and videos. My collection of books and videos on this topic is quite voluminous. It felt great to pick up on some forgotten watercolour tips.

In the past week, I was able to finish my latest painting of a blue jar and blue marbles. This was the first time that I tackled painting marbles. 

Danielle Beaulieu watercolours lost my marbles

Next week, I'll be taking a workshops on the basics of glass fusion at a wonderful gallery - studio in our community.  It will be exciting to learn something completely new.

My next project relates to painting glass/crystal.  Although I've painted glass before, this one will be more complicated than I've tried in the past. The painting is going well so far and I look forward to seeing the final product.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments