Successful Art in the Park

Yesterday, the Friends of the Experimental Farm hosted a very successful "Art in the Park" in the arboretum at the Central Experimental Farm. We couldn't have asked for a better day. It was a pleasure to talk to so many people who share an appreciation for art and to see some familiar faces.

August is a splendid time to be at this show - not only to enjoy the art from the numerous artists but also to see the stunning gardens and horticultural displays.

In the past week, I've shared photos of two old window frames being stripped. Here is what the finished windows look like with the paintings in them. To give you a sense of proportion, the window on the left is 35" tall and 10.5" wide. The one on the right is the same width but a few inches shorter.

I love the uniqueness of these old windows.

Watercolour in old window

I was able to paint a bit at this art fair and will share those results in the coming weeks.

A number of people asked me if I taught watercolour classes. If interested, please contact me (dbeaul0155@rogers.com) and I'll see what we can arrange.

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments