How many reference photos are enough?

I have hundreds if not thousands of photos of antique items.  Not all of them can be used as a reference for paintings.  Next weekend I plan on going to the Ottawa Antique Market held at Carleton University to take some additional photos.  Last time I went to this market, there were some interesting old typewriters.  I had taken numerous photos of them and ended up painting one of them.  Who knows what I'll find next weekend.  At the very least I'll have additional reference photos and you can never have enough of those.

In the past week, I painting more than I have during the summer. My painting of a portion of an old tractor is almost finished.  There are many small details that need working on.  Here it is so far.
Danielle Beaulieu WIP old tractor
There are probably two more hours remaining to finish this one.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments