From one art show to another

Last Thursday's Wall Candy art show was a huge success. Who knew that there were so many people at Lansdowne between 3 and 10pm.  I'm already looking forward to next year's show. There are rumours the show will be for 2 days next year.

Not only was I blessed with selling a few paintings, but I witnessed the most wonderful moment.  During the second part of the evening, 4 young men in their early 20s were looking at my paintings - specifically my new loons.  Since it would be highly unlikely that young men would purchase a painting I was not giving them much attention.  Well I'm happy that I was very wrong in believing that young men do not buy paintings. One of them purchased the largest loon as a Christmas gift for his dad.  It was heart warming to see how proud this young man was with his new purchase.  Then some of their female friends joined the young men and the new buyer was quick to tell them about his new purchase and he was glowing.

Prior to the show, I had a few moments to paint. Here is that new watercolour. It will be on exhibit at next weekend's exhibit The Navan Arts and Crafts Group -- Saturday and Sunday November 18th and 19th at the Navan Arena.  


Yesterday I painted a companion watercolour and will also have it at the show next weekend. 



Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of mystical forest
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of mystical forest

Both of these paintings were created with limited colours and a weird looking brush (sword brush). There is another one similar to these coming up.

Have a great week

Danielle

Comments