Getting ready for Wall Candy Art Exhibit

This week I'm getting ready for Wall Candy art exhibit on Thursday of this week (November 8th).  I need to finish a painting for an old window frame, decide what else I need to pack and prepare labels.

I'm trying something new with an old window frame. Recently I've had some challenges with a batch of old windows.  One of the windows required 15 hours to strip to the natural wood, instead of the usual 8 - 9 hours.  Therefore, instead of removing the numerous layers of paint, for one of the simpler frame, I only removed a particular area and then applied white chalk paint and the prescribed wax.  It now looks like an antique window - I know this sounds odd when it was antique to start off with.

On Thursday at the Wall Candy exhibit, I'll be able to talk to people and gage their views on the finish on the window to help me decide if I'll do this again.

For this window, I'm painting a winter scene.  I haven't painted a winter scene in many many months.

Here is the almost completed painting.

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour birches in old window
Have a great week

Danielle

Comments