New Adventure

On Saturday May 24th, I participated in the Art in the Park event in Val des Monts, QC. Little did I know when I applied that there was no grass under the very large tent, only dirt. Since we have been having lots of rain this year, the ground is mud.  Although these are not ideal conditions, the organizers and volunteers of this event get a gold star for making this awkward situation work for everyone. They laid out sheets of plywood under many of the booths and when heavy rain came down, they dug a ditch around my booth, thereby redirecting the flow of water.  This is on top of feeding the exhibitors and ensuring that they constantly have water to drink or sitting in a booth should the artist need a short break. Bravo!

In addition, this exhibit seems to be out of the way since I do not know that area very much. Nevertheless, there was a constant flow of foot traffic and I was fortunate to sell three paintings.  I'm concluding that the people of the area are supporting of the arts.  Apparently, Sundays are very busy at this event, so I'm looking forward to it.

Here is a new painting that I'm working on (top is reference, bottom is WIP). This one required a very planned approach as the drawing lines were very confusing as you can probably guess when looking at the reference photo.  To reduce the confusion, I blocked in the colours for each of the objects so that I can tell them appart. In the photo below, the only part that is completed is the background. Now I move on to paint each of the grates which is the fun part.  Then I'll finish with the vase and tulips.
Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments